Sunday, October 31, 2010

anika grace's {baptism}

I got to make a fun little chocolate cake for the beautiful Anika Grace's baptism last weekend.  It was just a simple 9" round butter cream cake.  Joelle (mama extraordinaire) requested chocolate and that it would say "Anika Grace, child of God".  Precious.

 I used a really simple technique for this cake.  After I frosted it in the white buttercream, I got out some flower cookie cutters and gently pressed them into the icing where I wanted the large and small flowers.  I had a tiny cutter I used to outline the centers.  I then outlined the flowers and centers with a small circle tip and filled the flowers in with a star tip.  I used the same star tip for the edging on the bottom of the cake.

Pretty cute, huh?

And I just had to include some photos of the darling little one.... we got to photograph her when she was just a week or so old in the living room with mom and dad.  Beautiful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment