Saturday, February 27, 2010

humble beginnings

This week marked the end of Wilton class number one.  I really enjoyed it and realized I have a long way to go!  I made two cakes as a part of course one: (1) a {30th} birthday cake for the hubby's friend, Josh and (2) a {sweet 16} birthday cake for Rachel and Tabi, the daughter of a dear friend.  Our final for class number three (at the end of April) will be a wedding cake.  I'm excited to make it!

Anyway, here's the goods.  I learned 2 things on Josh's cake:  (1) I love polka-dots.  Okay, so maybe I didn't learn that, but definitely reaffirmed it.  (2) I love colorful cakes.  We had to ice our first cake in white frosting for class, and that just made me sad.
 
  
  

The sweet 16 cake taught me that:  (1) leaves are oh so much fun, (2) I love purple cakes, and (3) white cake is WAY easier to frost than chocolate.  But chocolate is very much my preference, so still not sure what I think about that.

 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment